Choice Rehabilitation & Cross Creek Golf Club Well Golfer Workshop
The well golfer workshop is designed to educate adult golfers on how to improve overall body flexibility to benefit their golf game. Join in a conversation or stretch alongside the instructor in full participation! Individuals will have the opportunity to practice the stretching routines that are explained and demonstrated. Further, each participant will be provided a handout of all stretches for use at home.
Date: Saturday, March 13, 2021
Time: Two sessions 9:00 am and 11:00 am
Duration: Each session will last about 45 minutes
Cost: No cost to participants. This is a free Workshop sponsored by Choice Rehabilitation and Cross Creek Golf Club. You must register to attend. Limited to 20 People each session.
Location: The Pavilion of Cross Creek Golf Club, 1724 Nuttman Avenue, Decatur, IN 46733 | (260)724-4316
Instructor: Ms. Shirley Drier of Choice Rehabilitation. Ms. Drier is an Occupational Therapist / Certified Hand Therapist with thirty-five (35) years of experience in Occupational Therapy. She specializes in educating her clients on body mechanics, targeting long-term maintenance and improvement in the quality of life.
Registration: Advance registration is requested to secure your spot in one of the two offered sessions.
- The body/swing connection
- Mobility/stability and how each impact your game
- Common causes for inconsistencies and distance loss
- Ways to address limitations – optional additional one on one screenings
What will you learn in this workshop?
- How does swing, position and grip impact your play
- How do physical limitations impact your swing
- What limitations in mobility and muscle control impact your play
- Possible solutions for facilitating changes to improve your play
What will you do in this workshop?
- Learn the basics of body mechanics for golfing
- Learn and practice a stretching routine to help you improve your play
Attire: Casual dress is recommended, specifically clothing that is non-confining and will allow participants to easily stretch.
Optional Screening – This is a special separate 10-minute individualized session with Ms. Amber Brooks, DPT, or Ms. Shirley Drier, OTR/CHT. These will be individualized screenings designed to assist individuals in understanding and addressing limitations that may be impacting their golf game. These would not be sessions to actually provide solutions but to assist individuals in identifying limitations to possibly work on.
Screenings Evaluators: Ms. Shirley Drier or Ms. Amber Brooks. Ms. Brooks has a Doctorate in Physical Therapy and has been with Choice Rehabilitation since 2017, following experience in a variety of other physical therapy facilities.